Followers

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Simplicity...

With spring in the air and living in the country, I decided to make a couple of cards that would reflect the activities that would soon be happening in our town...

We have county fairs to look forward to and a big part of the fairs are the live stock and craft exhibits, so I thought each of these cards would fit the bill.  Id really like to make a complete set of cards and give them as a gift.


                                                                

                                                    I love this image...I think its so cute!

For this card (4 1/2 x 6 1/4) I used the following cartridge and measurement.  Country Life-Pig N Chicken (pg 39), cut at 3 inches.  I used a printed paper and solid paper for the background and inked the edges of the image with a warm brown.  I also used pop dots to mount the image.  Even thought this card is simple, I think it turned out quite nice.



                                                          
                                                                     A stitch in time!

Again, for this card (4 1/4 x 6 1/4) I used the Country Life cartridge, this really is a cute cartridge.  The image and measurement for this card-Quilt (pg 65), cut at 3 1/4 inches.   I used the same printed paper for the background and the warm brown ink for the edges of the image, placed stitch marks with a white pen and added a few buttons for emellishment.

I feel that sometimes less is more...and in this case, I think it may be true.  Thank you for looking.  Kathie

2 comments: